Freo's View

FIRE AT OLD FREMANTLE PANEL BEATERS

Posted in emergency, fire, fremantle, western australia by freoview on September 16, 2016

a

 

A fire that broke out last evening at 6.30 at the long-established Fairway Panel Beaters at South Terrace, Fremantle has done substantial damage to the building. Local residents had to be evacuated because of toxic fumes and asbestos fears.

The business has been owned by brothers Brian and Robert Richardson for 46 years, so it is quite a shock to the family.

Workers turned up this morning not knowing if they still had a job, but the general sentiment was that it is great no one was hurt and the business can be rebuilt. I wish them well!

Roel Loopers

 

One Response

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. Paula Amaral said, on September 16, 2016 at 1:23 pm

    I saw the smoke last night and was wondering where it was.
    Now I know thanks to your wonderful blog!


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: